Theatre Royal Bury St Edmunds to screen The Personal History of David Copperfield
A movie filmed in and around Bury St Edmunds during the summer of 2018 will be screened at one of its locations next year.
The Theatre Royal has been given special permission to host two-fund-raising screenings of The Personal History of David Copperfield on February 9 and 10.
Starring Dev Patel as David Copperfield, the cast also includes Tilda Swinton, Hugh Laurie, Gwendoline Christie, Ben Whishaw, Peter Capaldi and Benedict Wong.
During filming last year, the theatre's Regency auditorium was given a makeover to transform it into a historically accurate scene.
The film also features other town locations, such as Angel Hill.
Tickets go on sale to Friends of Theatre Royal on Thursday at 10am and on general sale at 10am on Friday.
Book on 01284 769505 or at www.theatreroyal.org/shows/the-personal-history-of-david-copperfield-screening/
- The Personal History of David Copperfield, shot in Bury St Edmunds, to open London Film Festival
- PICTURES: David Copperfield film prepares to shoot scenes in Bury St Edmunds
- Trailer released for Bury St Edmunds shot film The Personal History of David Copperfield
- David Copperfield film shoot in Bury St Edmunds generated £82,500 for town's economy
- Bury St Edmunds tourism bosses hope The Personal History of David Copperfield will boost visitor numbers as film's premiere date set