Firefighters called to malt factory in Bury St Edmunds after machinery overheats to 320 degrees Celsius
Firefighters from Bury St Edmunds and Ixworth were sent to the malt factory in Eastern Way at about 3.30am.
A spokesman for the fire service said a gearbox on a dust extractor had overheated to a temperature of approximately 320 degrees Celsius.
He added: "Crews worked to remove the malt from the area and stabilised the temperature of the equipment."
Firefighters left the scene at about 5.05am.