Home   Bury St Edmunds   News   Article

Subscribe Now

Chimney fire at home in Green Lane, Great Barton, near Bury St Edmunds, sees Ixworth crew spend more than three hours at scene





Firefighters spent more than three hours tackling a chimney fire at a property in Great Barton.

Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service was alerted at 8.05pm to the incident at a home in Green Lane.

A spokesman said the chimney fire was caused by a log burner.

Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service was alerted at 8.05pm to the incident at a home in Green Lane, Great Barton. Picture: Google and istock
Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service was alerted at 8.05pm to the incident at a home in Green Lane, Great Barton. Picture: Google and istock

A crew from Ixworth attended but was unable to gain full access to the chimney flue from the ground floor so had to go on to the roof of the property and work at height to gain access to the other end of the flue.

The incident was dealt with by 11.38pm.