Bury Free Press postcard shows former offices in Abbeygate Street
A postcard showing the old Bury Free Press offices has proved popular on social media gaining nearly 200 Facebook likes.
The postcard, believed to be sent in 1910, shows the newspaper’s building when it was on the corner of Guildhall Street off Abbeygate Street in Bury St Edmunds.
Postcard collector Keith Slater posted the image into the Facebook group called ‘Old Bury St Edmunds’ and has warranted 160 likes and 39 comments.
The postcard was sent to an address in Edwardstone which is near Boxford - however the postcard’s stamp has been removed.
The Bury Free Press offices are now based in Kings Road and the building depicted in the postcard is used by Lawrence Paul Hair and Belvoir Sales and Lettings.