Man taken to hospital after huge fire service response to chemical-related incident in Great Ashfield
A man was taken to hospital following a chemical-related incident near Bury St Edmunds which attracted a huge response from the fire service.
Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service was alerted to the incident at a site, off Haugh Lane, in Great Ashfield, by the ambulance service at 9am.
A fire service spokesman said there was a leak from a chemical drum containing formaldehyde and 14 crews were called, with 12 attending.
A Suffolk Police spokesman said they were called at 9.15am and a man had inhaled fumes during the incident.
A spokesman for the East of England Ambulance Service said the man was taken to West Suffolk Hospital for further assessment and care.
An ambulance and two ambulance officer vehicles attended.
A small cordon was initially set up around the area but taken down when it was assessed there was no threat to the public.
The incident was dealt with by 10.47am.