Home   Bury St Edmunds   News   Article

Man treated for breathing in smoke after fire in bedroom at Red Lodge house



More news, no ads

LEARN MORE


House Fire'Marigold Drive, Red Lodge'Combined Fire Control received a call to a house fire at the above location. One crew from Newmarket and one from Mildenhall were mobilised.'Picture Mark Westley ANL-151118-103151009
House Fire'Marigold Drive, Red Lodge'Combined Fire Control received a call to a house fire at the above location. One crew from Newmarket and one from Mildenhall were mobilised.'Picture Mark Westley ANL-151118-103151009

A man was treated for breathing in smoke after a house fire in Red Lodge in the early hours of this morning.

Two fire engines from Mildenhall and Newmarket rushed to the incident, in Marigold Drive, after receiving a call at 1.06am.

When they arrived crews called for an ambulance for a man who was suffering from the effects of breathing in smoke.

Oxygen therpay was given to the casualty as crews dealt with the fire in a first floor bedroom.

Two sets of breathing apparatus, a hose reel and covering jet were used to extinguish the flames.

The incident was under control by 1.43am.

A spokesman for the East of England Ambulance Service said: “A paramedic in a rapid response vehicle attended to a man in his 20s who had smoke inhalation.

“He was assessed at the scene, but did not require transport to hospital or further treatment.”