Home   Bury St Edmunds   News   Article

Person suffers burns and effects of breathing in smoke after garage fire in Higham




A person suffered burns and the effects of breathing in smoke after a garage fire in a Suffolk village this morning.

Two crews from Bury St Edmunds were sent to the incident in Middle Green, Higham, at 7.42am after a fire took hold in a double garage which was about 6 x 8 metres in size.

A Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said crews extinguished the blaze and treated a person suffering from minor burns and the effects of breathing in smoke.

Two fire crews from Bury St Edmunds attended the incident. Stock image
Two fire crews from Bury St Edmunds attended the incident. Stock image

The individual was left in the care of the ambulance service.

The fire was dealt with by 8.59am and crews remained on scene to dampen down and make the area safe.

Read more: All the latest news from Suffolk

Read more: All the latest news from Bury St Edmunds