Senior clergy recognised by church at St Edmundsbury Cathedral
Eight senior clergy from Suffolk were recognised for their service to the church with honorary canons last Sunday.
The members of the Diocese were recognised at a special service at St Edmundsbury Cathedral, Bury St Edmunds.
Due to restrictions, the new canons were formally licenced online in the presence of the Bishop of St Edmundsbury and Ipswich, the Dean of St Edmundsbury and the Diocesan Registrar.
The service was however livestreamed on the cathedral's Facebook page.
Very Reverend Joe Hawes, Dean of St Edmundsbury, said: “Honorary canons are vital arteries in the flow of communication between the Diocese and the Cathedral.
“I look forward to working with them as we strengthen relationships and advance the work of the church among the communities of Suffolk and beyond.”
The eight clergy to be recognised with canons were:
- The Reverend Brynn Bayman.
- The Reverend Jutta Brueck.
- The Reverend Sharron Coburn.
- The Reverend Sister Sharon Connell.
- The Reverend Rich Henderson.
- The Reverend Max Osborne.
- The Reverend Sharon Potter.
- The Reverend Andrew Dotchin.