Ipswich Town Community Trust to launch new girls post-16 programme
Ipswich Town Community Trust is launching a post-16 girls Football and Education programme, writes Dan Palfrey.
The programme is said to be an exciting opportunity for girls aged between 16-19 to continue their academic studies alongside their footballing career.
It is described as a "unique and high quality experience that will combine focused, small-group educational sessions with the club's designated education tutor alongside the opportunity to train with qualified coaches and represent Ipswich Town Football Club in their football fixture programme".
Unlike other schemes where players are tied to that particular club, the Football & Education programme looks to complement existing football provision and allow players the freedom to continue playing for their current teams.
Football trials will take place at Portman Road on Wednesday, February 17 at 10am to 12.30pm. To secure a place, CLICK HERE.
Students will study the NCFE Level 3 Diploma in Sport & Physical Activity and follow a carefully planned pathway of modules to provide them with a broad range of knowledge and experience whilst remaining linked to potential career pathways.
These may include, but are not limited to, sports coaching, sports nutrition, sports science, fitness instructor, performance analyst, as well as sport-related careers in the media, promotion, PR and management.
Other benefits of the programme are listed below:
- The education element will be delivered in our state-of-the-art Executive Suites overlooking the Portman Road pitch which naturally creates an inspiring setting.
- The football coaching is delivered by UEFA qualified and experienced Ipswich Town staff who will provide a professional environment on the Fieldturf at the stadium for players to work in.
- The Football Club will provide behind-the-scenes visits of Portman Road and Playford Road Training Centre along with hosting seminars and speeches delivered by past and present staff.
- Players will wear the famous blue and white to represent Ipswich Town in the British College League and/or the Futsal League and also play fixtures against professional clubs and representative sides providing players with the opportunity to exhibit their capability to scouts and coaches.
- If players wish to continue down the football route then pathways are open to students to become full-time employees at ITFC in any number of roles or part time coaching work in our community programme.
- A 4 week NCS residential (worth £1500 per player) is free and forms a key part of the programme with Ipswich Town Football Club.
Anyone with any enquiries is asked to email firstname.lastname@example.org
Read more: All the latest Ipswich Town FC news