Kesgrave shooting: Schoolboy in 'stable condition' but expected to remain in hospital for 'considerable length of time'
A teenage boy who was shot in the face on his way to school in Suffolk last month is in a 'stable condition' in hospital, police have said.
The boy, 15, from Kesgrave , remains in intensive care at Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge following the shooting in the town on Monday, September 7.
A spokesman for Suffolk Police said while his condition is no longer considered to be life-threatening, his injuries are life-changing.
They added: "He is expected to remain in hospital for a considerable length of time.”
Another boy, who's also 15 and from the Woodbridge area, has been charged with attempted murder.
Norwich Youth Court heard last month that the victim, who cannot be named for legal reasons, was allegedly shot in the face after a confrontation.
The defendant, who also cannot be named for legal reasons, was also charged with possession of a firearm, a 12-gauge Beretta over and under shotgun, with intent to cause fear of injury of another person, and possession of a firearm with intent to endanger life.
A provisional trial date has been set for early 2021 following the shooting in Friends Walk at about 8.40am on September 7.