Home   Lowestoft   Article

Subscribe Now

Warning to pet owners after dog died following suspected poisoning in Corton Woods, Lowestoft



More news, no ads

LEARN MORE


Pet owners are being urged to be vigilant after a dog died having been fed an unknown substance by a man last week.

Police said the dog, a nine year old Bullmastiff, is believed to have become ill following a suspected poisoning.

Officers are now appealing for dog owners in the Corton Wood area of Lowestoft to be vigilant.

Pet owners are being urged to be vigilant after a dog died having been fed an unknown substance by a stranger last week.
Pet owners are being urged to be vigilant after a dog died having been fed an unknown substance by a stranger last week.

A police spokesman said an elderly man fed the dog an unknown substance on Wednesday, and described the substance as 'treats'.

The canine became ill and died the following day.

A similar incident happened a few days later on Saturday morning, also in Corton Woods, when a dog that had been for a walk in the woods became seriously ill later the same day.

The pet, which had not been approached by anyone during its walk, was taken to the vets and survived.

The vet said it was likely it had eaten something that had poisoned it.

Anyone who has experienced something similar in the Corton Woods area when out walking their dog is asked to contact Suffolk police on 101, quoting crime reference 37/11545/21.

To get the latest updates in ongoing cases, police appeals and criminals put behind bars, click here

Read more: All the latest news from Suffolk

Read more: All the latest news from Lowestoft