Home   Newmarket   News   Article

Newmarket man denies murdering mother-of-two in town home




A Newmarket man accused of murdering a mother-of-two has pleaded not guilty.

Charles Jessop appeared at Ipswich Crown Court today where he denied murdering Clare Nash, 33, at her home in Brickfields Avenue on January 16.

The 29 year old, of Bakers Row, appeared in court via video link from Norwich Prison.

Brickfields Avenue, Newmarket (39604977)
Brickfields Avenue, Newmarket (39604977)

Earlier this year an inquest was opened and adjourned into the death of Miss Nash.

Suffolk Coroners Court heard she was found by paramedics with severe injuries.

Detective Chief Inspector Matthew Connick told area coroner Jaqueline Devonish that Miss Nash was given medical treatment but was pronounced dead at the scene.

Today Judge Martyn Levett said the case would be listed for another hearing on August 28, when the court will indicate a date for the trial.

Jessop has been remanded in custody.