Home   Southwold   Article

Subscribe Now

Leiston and Aldeburgh fire crews battle house blaze in Waterloo Avenue caused by phone charging on soft furnishings





Firefighters tackled a house fire last night in Leiston, near Southwold, which was caused by a phone charger.

One crew from Leiston and one from Aldeburgh were called to the blaze in Waterloo Avenue at 10.50pm

The fire started in the living room and crews were able to tackle the blaze quickly, extinguishing the fire at 11.40pm.

The fire was caused by a phone charging on soft furnishings. Picture: Andy Smith
The fire was caused by a phone charging on soft furnishings. Picture: Andy Smith
Two people were treated for breathing in smoke. Picture: Andy Smith
Two people were treated for breathing in smoke. Picture: Andy Smith

In a tweet Andy Smith, area manager for Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service, said the blaze was caused by a phone charging on soft furnishings.

Two people were treated for breathing in smoke.