Home   Stowmarket   Article

Subscribe Now

Gateway Boulevard, at Gateway 14, in Stowmarket, van fire tackled by emergency services





A van carrying empty propane bottles caught fire in a Suffolk town earlier today.

Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service was called at 2.34pm to the blaze in Gateway Boulevard, at Gateway 14, in Stowmarket.

Individuals were evacuated from nearby buildings while the fire was tackled.

Emergency services were called to Gateway Boulevard, at Gateway 14, in Stowmarket, earlier today to tackle a van fire. Picture by Mark Westley
Emergency services were called to Gateway Boulevard, at Gateway 14, in Stowmarket, earlier today to tackle a van fire. Picture by Mark Westley

Police also attended.

A spokesperson for the force said the fire had been extinguished by 3.03pm.