Man, 26, arrested in connection with Sudbury human bones discovery released on bail
A man who was arrested in connection with the discovery of human bones in Sudbury last year has been bailed.
He has today been released on bail in connection with the discovery.
He was also arrested on suspicion of possession with intent to supply Class A drugs - and has since been charged with the offence. He has been remanded in custody to appear before magistrates.
Officers were called to the River Stour, near Meadow Gate and Croft Bridge, on August 27 last year to reports that human remains had been found in two black bin bags.
A Home Office post mortem examination was carried out three days later but was not able to determine the cause of death or the identity of the victim.
Forensic tests later showed that the bones belonged to a man who was likely to have been of athletic or muscular build.
Detectives are trying to establish the man's identity, using national and international databases, as well as the timescale in which he died.
A second man was arrested yesterday on suspicion of being concerned in the supply of a controlled drug and has since been released on bail pending further enquiries.
A police spokesman said the house search was related to both the human bones discovery and the drugs investigation. He said work at the house 'should be completed by the end of the week'.
Police are renewing an appeal for information and have asked witnesses or anyone with information about the incident to call 101.