Pair arrested on suspicion of making off without payment after series of incidents at pubs and restaurants in Suffolk, Norfolk and Essex
Two people have been arrested in Suffolk in connection with a spate of incidents across East Anglia where meals were ordered but not paid for at pubs and restaurants.
Police investigating the spate of incidents in Suffolk, Norfolk and Essex have arrested a 45-year-old man from Hadleigh and a 43-year-old woman from Sudbury on suspicion of making off without payment.
The arrests were made in Ipswich earlier today and the two people have been taken to Martlesham Police Investigation Centre for questioning, where they remain.
It comes after a series of reported incidents at various locations in Suffolk including:
- Hintlesham Hall, Hintlesham, August 9
- The George, Hintlesham, August 24
- The Waterfront Bistro, Key Street, Ipswich, September 2
- The Marquis of Cornwallis, Upper Street, Layham, September 10 - meals ordered to the value of £197 without payment
- The Swan Inn, The Street, Monks Eleigh, late October
Two cases were reported in Norfolk at the Bird In Hand pub in Wreningham on July 19 and the Sugar Beat pub in Bracon Ash on July 20.
And over the Suffolk border in Essex, another case was also reported on August 23 at the Barn Brasserie on Brook Road in Colchester where a meal worth £146 was not paid for.